Visual Composer for WordPress
I’ve been working with WordPress for about seven years now. I’ve seen a lot of changes in design, watched and supported the massive WordPress community grow and tried out some excellent WordPress plugins in their earliest of stages first hand.
Whether you’re just getting into WordPress or you’ve been using the platform for years, there is definitely a faze of trying out every plugin you can get your hands on. Finding plugins that enhance your website can get addictive, until you realize that your blog or website doesn’t really need all the bells and whistles, it just needs great content.
You’ll also learn that the only plugins you really need are the ones that help you improve in delivering your content or help in creating it.
People do have a handful of trusted WordPress plugins that get installed on every website they work on. For me, I’m a fan of WP Super Cache, I like Yoast SEO and Gravity Forms. Yet, one plugin that is making it’s way up my list is one I found I had to learn later on was Visual Composer.
The first time I tried Visual Composer for WordPress, it was included as apart of a clients new WordPress theme. I was amazed at how simple the features allowed you to make changes to the website were.
What Does it Do?
Visual Composer is the first WordPress page builder plugin that gives you full control over responsiveness. It makes it easier to control how your site – or individual parts of it – behave on different devices. Set your desired size of columns and offsets, and even hide specific blocks of elements, depending on the device. You can check how your content looks on mobile or desktop with just one click and with the frontend and backend editor, it takes no time at all.
Visual Composer Features
- Intuitive Drag and Drop Interface– Lightweight, easy to use interface that you and your clients will love. Creating pages and posts is easier than ever. No programming knowledge required!
- Frontend Editor & Backend Editor– See how your content will look on the frontend or more traditional backend with no additional clicks or switches.
- Object Oriented Code– One of the most advanced and most effective programming patterns, to get the best results for your site.
- Multilingual Ready- .po and .mo files included, for easy translation (BG, DE, ES, IR, FR, IT, JP, NL, PL, BR, RU, TW contributed by users).
- Template System– Copy or re-use existing pages, and save templates for later. Build posts using 40+ professional, pre-defined layouts from the WPBakery team.
- Responsive Design– Take full control over responsive design – define column size, offsets and display options. Instantly check out how your content is displayed.
- Shortcode Mapper– No more shortcode copy/paste. Add any third party shortcode to the list of VC menu elements for re-use. Edit params, values and descriptions.
- + Woo Commerce Support
My Thoughts, Recommendation & Advice
I would highly recommend Visual Composer for any new startup or blogger that was just getting started with WordPress. I also think anyone who hates doing any sort of styling would love this premium WordPress plugin.
Visual Composer is a helpful tool that most don’t think they need, but in fact do. With mobile themes and floating layouts always a concern to view you content in it’s most ideal form on all platforms whether it be desktop, smart phone or tablet, Visual Composer insures your website looks amazing, but makes it easy for you to do it yourself.
My only warning is that there is a bit of a learning curve. You’ll need to get a custom to how this plugin works which could take time. Be prepared to have to learn where things are and what they do. This is an advanced plugin that is owned or used by more than 700,000 people.